The parasites of the human body, whose symptoms and treatment will be presented below, are living creatures that, after entering the internal organs and systems, start to live there and actively multiply.
Most of the time, parasites live in the intestines, liver and pancreas.
They can also be present in the lungs, brain, gallbladder, eyes and even in the external soft tissues (under the skin).
Parasites in the human body (the symptoms and their treatment depend on the specific parasitic lesion) can be quite different.
There are the following types of parasites that most often infect the human body (adults and children):
- Worms or helminths.
- Chain (pork).
Pinworms are parasites most commonly seen in children. In addition, if a child is infected with pinworms, it is more likely that other family members are also infected. A characteristic of the pinworms is that, at night, female worms emerge from the patient's anus and lay eggs there, which causes severe itching.
Usually, this parasite enters the body in the absence of hand hygiene, which is generally seen in young children. Roundworms are parasites that grow a lot. Their eggs are found in raw foods, so eating undercooked meat or fish is the first route to infection.
Giardia is a waterborne parasite. The main sources of these bodies are the care centers for the elderly and children. Worms are dangerous parasites for humans. They can inhabit any part of the intestine and cause serious damage to the patient's health.
The reasons for parasite infection can be different, because, in fact, the danger is waiting for a person at every step. The infection usually occurs at home. This is especially true for children. For example, poorly washed hands before food ensure that all microbes and parasite eggs, including those, enter the digestive system.
Other possible causes of parasitic infestation are:
- Swimming in polluted bodies of stagnant water.
- Eating poorly washed foods, especially berries, fruits and vegetables.
- Eating undercooked food. This applies to fish and meat. It is also worth mentioning separately the danger of eating raw fish (in sushi, for example). The fact is that most of the fish in our country is imported, so you can only dream of its freshness. As a result, under inadequate fish storage conditions, all types of worm eggs can easily arise, which a person will eat with these fish. In addition, it is worth warning about the dangers of eating wild meat, which can also be infected with many dangerous parasites.
- Contact with animal feces. This can happen in children playing in open litter boxes, which can easily be "visited" by dogs and cats in the yard. Thus, a chain reaction is triggered: the child throws the toys in the infected sand and takes them home. In the same place, the baby will forget to wash his hands and drag them to his mouth - the infection is guaranteed.
- Violation of hygiene rules when preparing food, cleaning the house or showering. In addition, a contact transmission route is not excluded - through saliva, plates, towels and even a handshake (the parasite's eggs may be under the nails of a patient who has rectal itching). If a healthy person after such contact does not wash their hands well, they will surely become infected.
- Drinking tap water, which is not only impure from common contaminants, but is also rich in the eggs of many parasites.
Even if parasite eggs enter the intestine, nothing prevents them from spreading through the body along with the bloodstream and attaching themselves to the eyes, brain and muscles. For this reason, do not underestimate the danger of parasite infestation.
It is important to mention a person's bad habits - biting his nails, the habit of pulling small objects into his mouth and others. Very often, the infection occurs through contact with pets that do not receive antiparasitic drugs. Also, don't forget the little flies and mosquitoes, which carry the most dangerous types of parasites.
In this case, the disease can be contained both in the feces of the flies and can be contained in the person directly during the bite. Today, there are many effective therapies against parasites.
It can be the treatment of the disease with folk remedies, cleaning the body with garlic, soda, kefir and other products, as well as the treatment of pathologies with medications. The parasites in the human body, whose symptoms and treatment may be different, are considered to be extremely living creatures, so it is very difficult to remove them from the body, but this is possible with proper diagnosis and therapy.
Signs of parasites in the human body: what you need to know
It must be said at the outset that the signs of parasites in the human body can be very different. This depends a lot on the specific type of "tenant" that has settled in the person. Depending on the location of the parasites, a sick person may show characteristic signs.
Thus, when parasites are in the intestines, adults can develop the following symptoms:
- Diarrhea and poor digestion. It is caused by types of protozoan parasites.
- Bad breath is the first sign of parasites in adults.
- Constipation can occur when parasites obstruct intestinal motility. In addition, sometimes due to its influence, the patient has a bile duct block. This, in turn, threatens with jaundice and liver disease.
- Flatulence is usually caused by worms located in the small intestine. They can also cause bloating and gas production. For this reason, if a person has frequent swelling, this is a clear sign of helminthic invasion.
- Symptoms of stomach irritation and generalized abdominal pain are caused by worms that parasitize the intestinal cavity.
The signs of parasites in the human body can occur not only in the digestive system, but also in other organs and systems. Therefore, a sick person often has disorders in the nervous system. This can be manifested by unsatisfactory sleep, increased irritability and even gnashing of teeth at night, which usually occurs in a sleeping child (this condition also has a medical definition - bruxism).
It is described as one of the types of nervous system abnormalities caused by an external stimulus. Due to the ability of some parasites to migrate, a person may develop joint and muscle pain. At the same time, sometimes the pain is so pronounced that patients experience pain similar to that of acute arthritis. Often, signs of parasites in the human body manifest themselves in the form of allergic reactions.
In this state, toxins released by parasites (mainly worms) are able to activate the body's immune response in the form of releasing a certain number of protective cells. As a result, the patient can develop all kinds of allergic and inflammatory processes on the skin. For this reason, due to the nutrient medium, a person in this state usually has all types of skin diseases - rashes, hives, eczema and dermatitis.
If the intestinal tract is damaged, the person may have acne, a tendency to have rough skin, papilloma and even brittle nails.If the internal organs are severely damaged by parasites, the person will develop a severe form of anemia. This is justified by the fact that some types of worms are able to adhere to the intestinal membrane and remove all the nutrients that should have entered the human body.
Thus, the patient not only has vitamin deficiency, but also loss of internal blood. In adult patients with profuse parasitic lesions, there may be a marked decrease in weight and general exhaustion of the body. This is due not only to the fact that the parasites "drink all the juices", but also to the fact that in such a state the patient simply will not want to eat, as his digestion will be very disturbed.
If the parasites are located in a person's lungs, they may have chronic cough, bronchitis, sputum production and pneumonia.This is usually caused by a strong defeat of worms. Scientists have found that asthma is a common sign of ascaris infection and its active reproduction. The last characteristic of parasites in adults is low immunity and the tendency to oncological pathologies, which occurs as a result of constant poisoning of the body.
The signs of parasites in the human body, particularly in children, can be as follows:
- Increased child's nervousness, frequent crying and depressed mood.
- Bad sleep can be expressed by the fact that the child wakes up frequently in the middle of the night.
- Low appetite and low overall weight due to age.
- Itching in the anus and frequent diarrhea.
- Great weakness of the child.
- Propensity for ARVI.
- Symptoms of asthma and frequent coughing.
It is also important to note that sometimes infestation with worms in a child still occurs in the womb. Thus, the fetus can develop all types of pathologies even before birth. After birth, the child may develop chronic bronchitis if the parasites settle in his respiratory system. On the prevention and treatment of parasites - later in this article.
Symptoms of parasites in the body and methods of therapy
After considering the symptoms of parasites in the body, it is important to talk about the scheme of your traditional treatment. It is always done with the use of medicines. It should be noted that, for each type of parasite, separate medications must be used.
In the case of intestinal helminths, it is recommended to ingest probiotics, preparations to normalize the functioning of the intestine and remove parasites from it. In case a patient has been diagnosed with parasites on internal organs (liver, for example), he may receive long-term therapy with potent antibiotics, glucocorticosteroids and other medications.
It is important to note
The symptoms of parasites in the body may change slightly during treatment, so therapy should always be under medical supervision.
The symptoms of parasites in the body are quite varied. Sometimes, a person is misdiagnosed with the wrong cause of the disease, because the signs of a parasitic injury are sometimes similar to other diseases. Traditional therapy "works" no worse than medicine.
The best popular recipes for getting rid of parasites are:
- A mixture of pumpkin and honey. To prepare it, it is necessary to grind the raw shelled pumpkin seeds with honey to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Consume several times a day with the spoon. The duration of treatment is at least one month.
- Absinthe and honey remedy. Grind a spoonful of absinthe and mix with honey. Between meals, use and then take a laxative.
- Peel some garlic cloves. Mix with the boiled milk and drain. Drink the prepared mixture on an empty stomach, half a glass for three days.
- Take the chopped horseradish and fill it with 0. 5 liters of vodka. Insist for a week. Take a spoon every day. The duration of treatment should be at least one week.
- Celandine's decoction. To prepare it, you need to take two tablespoons of chopped celandine and mix it with the absinthe. Cover with water and boil. Strain and drink half a glass twice a day. The duration of therapy is at least two weeks.
Preventing parasitic damage to the body consists of carefully adhering to personal hygiene and keeping your hands clean. Therefore, hands should be washed whenever possible, especially before eating. It is also worth teaching children to do this from an early age.
The next rule is to maintain intimate hygiene.It means taking a shower every day and changing underwear. As for the bed linen, it must be changed weekly (washing and ironing is necessary). It is very important to pay attention to the quality of the food you eat. It should be well washed and heat treated, if necessary.
Also, don't eat raw meat and fish. Doctors do not recommend buying foods whose quality you doubt, or foods that have been prepared in all types of fast food stalls. In such establishments there is no concept of sterility, so it is very easy to become infected with parasites.
It is important to keep an eye on your children and not let them drag everything into their mouths.You should also be very careful when a child plays with pets, because the baby can easily catch their "infection". In general, pets need separate care, adequate food and regular prophylaxis of parasites with pills.
Don't forget the support of the immune system, because with a strong defense it is easier for the body to fight parasites. You should also not swim in poorly cleaned bodies of stagnant water. It is important to remember that, at the first evacuation disorders, abdominal pain, anemia or chronic intoxication, a doctor should be consulted.